Monday 23 April 2012

Well that was total bobbins...

I wrote my first ever blog. Up until last weekend, Jessica had been writing away and keeping you posted, and I finally took a deep breath, opened up my laptop and wrote what can only be described as the most wonderful prose, because that is how you describe all things written that have been lost in cyberspace (its never crap, its always works of genius *I am being tongue and cheek).... It is gone. My deepest thoughts, my poetic sentiments, my heart, my soul on a page...gone. I cannot recreate the vibe, the mood, the joy but I will have a go so please, I implore you, read on.

I had a weekend of freedom, which involved a long-awaited visit to LONDON. You see, I don't only just create soft-furnishings, I've also created 2 small people aged 3 and 1 and this was my first trip away. The journey was probably the highlight of my visit (no offence bessy mates, Liberty, Spitalfields Market). I sat on a train, with a really good book - Caitlin Moran's How to be a Woman, and it was ace and I laughed aloud and I gazed into the distance and did a bit of thinking. Its been a long time. I once heard that Germaine Greer would set aside 2 hours a day, just to think... I adore her. I must think more, like Germaine Greer, I hope it wasn't Jermaine Jackson!

My newly pregnant bessy mate met me at Euston and we began our lovely day with a trip to John Lewis on Oxford Street, so she could wee and eat cake *yes, she will have washed her hands*. I love John Lewis, but it was only a teaser because my main destination was the magnificent LIBERTY. I think you're stroked by angels when you walk into Liberty, it makes me pleasantly sigh and nonchalantly flick my hair, even when I see the prices of the £325 scarves I am un-phased because I am surrounded by beauty... I'd like to live there, or have the keys and sneak in and roll around naked on the rugs, scarves and beautiful fabrics. Ooh, its an aesthetic sensation not to be missed. It was marred slightly by the moody stasi-esque security guard telling off a tourist for taking a photo of some bunting, but they're right, you never know  when the creatives might take over the world.

The next day, after spending the evening with my friend who was very thoughtfully trying not to puke all weekend (which makes a nice change because without child within she is a pretty good puker. I can remember occasions based on where she's vomited for example, Le Bateau on her shoes; Summer of 1999, the patio at her parents; Summer of 2001, Spain - too many times, it all gets a bit hazy) we took a bus ride to Brick Lane and walked to Spitalfields Market. There were lots of lovely things to buy, not least bagels with cream cheese, vintage birdcages, dresses that must've been sold cheaply when high street shops went under. There were also, gorgeous little dresses like, Jess's dresses only more expensive. We will endeavour to add more photos of Jess's dresses and I've just this afternoon set up an Etsy shop, so you will soon be able to buy Jess's dresses and my random furnishings until your heart's content.

This is the cushion I've put on Etsy, and there will be more to come. Unless I start using my time just to sit and think, but I can't see that happening anytime soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment