Sunday 22 April 2012

Fair, Easter and future plans..

So then, Easter school holidays are over it's time to get back to the normal routine..
The craft fair went really well and we sold loads of our stock! There are some very fancy looking little girls in Manchester with my dresses on and we got several orders for dresses. The lovely Bec Chow (look on our blog list, she writes 'The Mothers' blog) came and took some photos of Natalie and I at the fair and when she sends them to us, we'll pop them on the blog (if we look acceptable!!).
We've received the first part of our order from 'Cheshire Fabrics' of the Michael Miller fabric and I'm making a dress for Natalie's little girl's first birthday. 
I spent last Weds on a course at 'Cheeky Sew and Sew' learning how to use patterns and alter them. It was very useful and I made a pair of trousers during the day. Our plan is to branch out and make boys clothes with lovely fabrics. I want to try and make some 'leggings' for boys but think if I use jersey material I'll need to use an 'overlocker' and after doing some research I've realised how expensive they are!
I'm working on some plans to get material printed using my designs, but haven't managed to find anywhere who can do big runs of material for a reasonable price! If anyone knows of anywhere, please let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment